Packing is one of the most important elements – and one of the most tedious – of a successful relocation. Whether you plan to pack on your own or use the packing service offered by your moving company, correct packing is crucial to the safe arrival of your goods.
If you decide to pack yourself, please keep in mind that you are moving the responsibility for damage from the moving company to yourself. With that in mind, you may wish to have your moving company pack the most delicate, sentimental, and valuable items or eliminate the stress altogether and employ your moving company's full-service packing crew.
As one of the world's leading relocation companies, Graebel has mastered every detail of proper packing. With a trained and certified packing crew, Graebel will protect your belongings by using high-quality materials and proven methods.
When you select Graebel packing services, you can count on:
- Individual wrapping for each item
- Cell pack containers to protect fragile items like glasses and stemware
- Only new packing materials on every move (or, if you prefer, recycled packing materials, when available)
- Custom crating built to match your large and extremely fragile item's exact specifications and shipping tolerance (available for a nominal charge)
- Exclusive Graebel custom wrapping for fine-finish woods or upholstery items (available for a nominal charge)
- Blanket padding to protect furniture from nicks and scratches during loading
- Shrink-wrap for furniture as added in-transit protection
To learn more about full or partial packing services from Graebel, request a free, no obligation in-home moving estimate survey.
The home move survival kit
To help you settle in to your new home much faster, you may wish to set aside one box for last minute items and items that will help you when you arrive at your new home. This survival kit could include:
- Soap and toiletries
- Facial and toilet tissue
- First-aid kit
- Instant coffee or tea
- Snacks and instant foods
- Paper plates and plastic utensils
- Small pan or coffee pot to heat water
- Trash bags
- Light bulbs
- Screwdriver and hammer